What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website and product range in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website. .
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- Process payments made online
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We will use the personal information you share with us to ensure the content, services, and advertising that we provide on Olive & Ash are tailored to your current and future needs. If you provide Olive & Ash with your mailing address or telephone number, Olive & Ash and its partners may use this information to alert you to product releases, special offers, updated information, and new services. If you provide your e-mail address, Olive & Ash may contact you via e-mail as well.
If you do not want Olive & Ash, our partners or selected third parties to contact you, you may opt out when you provide personal information or contact Olive & Ash directly.
There are times when we will give you links to other websites, however, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Olive & Ash will protect the personal information that you share with us. If you make a purchase on-line, we will use your credit card number only to process your payment and will not use it for marketing purposes. If we request demographic information, we will not share information about you as an individual with any other entity. If we do share demographic information with third parties, we will give them aggregate information only.
Olive & Ash may occasionally present a special contest or promotion. To qualify for entry, we may ask you to provide personal information. If we plan to share that information with the sponsor(s), we will provide a statement to that effect.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You can help Olive & Ash maintain the accuracy of your personal information by notifying us when you change your address, title, phone number, or e-mail address. If at any time you wish to update your information or stop receiving communication from Olive & Ash, our partners, or selected third parties, contact Olive & Ash by e-mail at email@example.com or by postal mail at:
Olive & Ash
PO Box 167
New Town Tas 7120
Olive & Ash would like to receive your comments and questions about this policy.
Please address comments or questions regarding Olive & Ash privacy practices to us at the address listed above.
Change of ownership
If you sign up to one of our mailing lists, this means that you have opted-in and have consented to us sending you emails relating to what we do and provide as a company. Don’t worry, we won’t spam you. We send all emails as per the guidelines set out by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.
How we handle complaints
If you have any complaints about the way your concerns were handled. We encourage you to contact us immediately to assist in working out any issues to have the best outcomes for all. If you have any complaints or feel that there has been a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or via another option below.
If you are not satisfied with the process of making a complaint to our Privacy Officer you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner on the details below:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Fax: 02 9284 9666